Your resume is your main weapon in applying for a job, and now that the New Year is just around the corner, you should prepare your resume in 2017. To find out how you can improve your resume, check out the following.
What HR Managers Are Looking for Your Resume
- 77% relevant experience
- 48% specific accomplishments
- 41% relevant experience
If you led a project:
If you saved your company some money or time:
If you brought something to life (a project):
Find out what should a marketing resume look like!
Tips for Writing Your Resume for 2017
- Grab the reader’s attention in the first few seconds. It is said that six seconds is the new norm in reading a resume. Communicate your message fast using bullet points and short sentences.
- Edit your resume. On your first draft, you are more likely than not include unnecessary words. Start reading what you have written and removed those words that are insignificant in the application.
- Assume that recruiters are going to read your paper. Use headings and bullets to emphasize on the main information for recruiters that skim resumes.
- Use the CAR formula. It stands for the challenge, action, and result. This is a well-known formula that you can use in highlighting your key achievements.
- Don’t forget to quantify your achievements. Recruiters want people that can help their company’s results and reduce their costs. If you have cut the cost or increased the profits in your previous company, quantify your achievements.
- Try using an infographic resume. This is one of the resume trends that you can use for next year.
There you have what you need to know about resumes for 2017 that you can refer to if you want to make a good impression in your application.