A couple of years ago you were asking what should a resume look like for a highschool student. But now you are applying for college. One of the common requirements is your college application resume. Now if you are unfamiliar with it and you want to what should a college freshman resume look like, check out the following tips you are about to discover before writing your application resume.
What Should a College Freshman Resume Look Like
- Personal details: Your name, mailing address, email address and phone number
- Education details: This section contains your academic background, including the high school you had attended and optionally your GPA. You may also want to include your class rank if you know it.
- Activities: This has to include the things that you did inside or outside school. You can include experiences in music, theater, sports and so on. You may also want to write that you’re a volleyball varsity player if you are.
- Other experiences: You can include any participation in summer jobs, part time jobs and so on. You may also want to write on any experience on volunteer groups, such as promoting awareness for the blind.
- Honors, awards and achievements: This is another crucial part on how freshman resume should look like because it can highlight your achievements and your accomplishments in or out of school. You can mention about being a player of a champion basketball team and so on.
- References: This section includes a list of names and contact numbers of coaches, teachers and any employers. However, you may choose to include or not include the reference section. It is up to you.
There you have the general formatting guideline on what to write in your resume. However, you may want to change the heading arrangement depending on what you want to highlight in your application. You can also include other sections that you think can make you shine among other applicants so you can quicklier begin your career path in the field that you love. And after a while maybe look for information what should a project manager resume look like.
This is How Freshman Resume Should Look Like
Like What to Avoid
- Colorful paper
- Unprofessional looking email address
- Outdated contact information
Tips for an Effective Freshman Resume
See to it that your application is easy to scan; you can make use of bullets or headings that will separate specific details from the rest. This can help in providing easy reading for the screening committee. It can also help them in filtering out information that they want to find without them having to dive deeper into the text. You can bold your name, with a bigger font size than the rest of the text in the paper. This will help for an easy recall of your name. It will also be easier for the screening committee to locate your name on the document if the text is bigger than other texts. Tailor your college resume for every application!
Learn more tips on what should a college freshman resume look like today!
Image credit: pinterest.com, cargocollective.com, besteuropeancruises.co.uk